- Daddy, I didn't want to talk about this in front of Scott because he gets upset. But I just wanna know. Don't you believe in God anymore?
- Not enough to be a pastor. I know this is hard on you kids. After Jenny's death, this is probably the last thing you need. My congregation needs spiritual leadership. Well, my faith is gone. To answer your question, yes, I do believe in Jesus. Yes, I do believe in God. But do I love them? No.
- Oh, it's just, all our lives you've been a pastor. And then one day you wake up and say fuck him?
- I didn't say fuck him. Every person who chooses the service of God as their life's work has something in common. I don't care if you're a preacher, a priest, a nun, a rabbi or a Buddhist monk. Many, many times during your life you'll look at your reflection in the mirror and ask yourself, am I a fool? I'm not going through a lapse. What I've experienced is closer to awakening.
- Daddy, what do you think mom would say?
- Mom's got nothing to say, she's dead.
sábado, 12 de maio de 2007
Harvey
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Um comentário:
çfdasklçfjdsafçlk
(Acho que meus comentários vão ser todos assim, dfsklsadlfkçjfdgk, porque é prático e sincero).
Postar um comentário